Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ghana!!!

It's getting serious. I am here watching the Ghana - Brazil game in Korean. Funny how they got perfect spelling of Ghana players names in Korean. Anyway, this game is no joke. I was rooting hard for Ghana. And they BLEW all these opportunities.

They were controlling the ball. I was discussing the game with another guy who was watching it with me. He didn't understand English but that didn't matter. I tell you offsides is the wackest thing to grace soccer. It slows the game down too much. (Note: I am not a soccer expert)

I don't know, I am thinking that I am starting to take this world cup games too seriously. I am hooping and hollaring. Falling out my seat on missed opportunities. Something about being here in South Korea got my soccer juices flowing. Gave me pride in rooting for a team. No, not the US. I can care less about US soccer. They didn't even put my man Adu on the team. Just wrong.

Instead, I was rooting hard for Korea soccer team. After all, there was reason to root for them. They give their countries hope. They are a symbolism that the impossible can be possible. That N and S Korea can and will reunite. There's passion behind rooting for that team. That's why I am into the World Cup right now. I can't identify with Ghana but they somehow give that same vibe. Or maybe because the Brazilian players give off an air of arrogance. They are like the lakers in their prime. Fear, hated and respected to some extent.

Down 2-0, can they pull off the miracle? Give me that passion like Korea did (below).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home